Di Barrò of Elvira Stefania Rini
- Private winemaker
- Itinerary 2
The name of the business in patois means 'from/to the casks' that were used for the transportation to the cellar of the grapes.
The name of the business in patois literally means "from/to the casks" (see label) that were used for the transportation to the cellar of the grapes crushed directly in the vineyard; for this purpose the barrò casks were loaded on a cart (gaillotta, see label) and also can be used for transporting the wine. On certain occasions, it was also used to spill wine from the barròs carried on men's backs to demonstrate their sturdiness.
The word "barrò" is an acronym of the last names Barmaz and Rossan, in-laws of the current owner, who in the 1960's pursued the cultivation of the family vineyards in Conze (Conce as written by L. F. Gatta in 1838 for the best winegrowing regions of Saint-Pierre in the "Saggio intorno alle viti ed ai vini della Valle d'Aosta" -Aosta Valley Wine and Vine Festival") and Toule located in the area of the Mount Torrette. In the mid-80's, the business was among the first to receive the denomination of controlled origin Valle d'Aosta Torrette.
The graphic of the label DI BARRO' is intended to bring together all these meanings with a background of Château Feuillet that was purchased in 1915 by the Berthod family, among whose heirs we find Elvira Stefani Rini who, with her husband Barmaz Andrea, built the new cellar here.
The other vines are located in the Torrette municipality, Condemine and Boné in Saint Pierre, Veyne in Villeneuve and Champcognein in Aymavilles.